Breast cancer has always been the top cancer in women. But many young women still ignore the importance of regular check-ups and believe that breast cancer has nothing to do with them. In fact, the number of reported cases has been rising in recent years, The youngest breast cancer patients clinically diagnosed are only in their 20s, and patients in their early 30s are not uncommon. Therefore, regular check-ups are critical since early detection could greatly improve the cure rate for breast cancer!
The cause of breast cancer has not yet been determined, but the following factors can increase the risk of breast cancer:
Lack of exercise;
Overweight or obese;
Stress and anxiety;
Menarche before the age of 12 years and menopause after age 55 years;
Women who never giving birth or first time giving birth after the age of 35;
Regular oral contraceptive use or have hormone replacement therapy(HRT) for more than 5 years;
Family history or had other cancers;
Genetic variation (such as BRCA gene mutation)
In addition to self-examination, women have to undergo breast examinations every year since the age of 30. 3D mammography is an effective breast cancer screening tool recommended by the WHO, which can accurately determine whether a woman has breast cancer.
3D mammography: uses tomography to show the breasts separately from different angles. Only the strength to fix the position of breasts is required. This shortens the breast compression time, and reduces breast discomfort during examinations and minimizes the chance of patients taking additional photos. Each layer of tissue is clearly shown, and cancer cells can be easily found. It can also improve the accuracy of diagnosis by 41%, and reduce false-positive cancer results by up to 15%.
Breast Ultrasound: Since the breast tissue and tumor are close, Asian women have dense breast tissue, ultrasound examination has a high resolution for soft tissues and can clearly show the tissue structure of each layer of the breast. In addition, it is a radiation-free test, it is suitable for women of any age, especially women who are pregnant or having breastfeeding.
The doctor recommends that women start breast examinations every year from the age of 30. If breast cancer is detected early and treated immediately, the survival rate will be higher!
Breast Cancer Screening
(Special Price：$2,680 | List Price：$4,350)
Promotion period until 30th September, 2021.
Terms and Conditions:
- This offer is valid until 30 September 2021.
- This offer is valid for customers aged 18 or above, except women who are pregnant or have breast implants.
- This offer includes 3D Mammogram and pre & post GP consultation.
- This offer must be used within the promotion period.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- All plans are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- All packaged items are fixed. In case there are any test items in the above programmes being declined or not conducted due to any reason, there will be no refund nor exchange for such items.
- If this service cannot be performed due to special reasons of force majeure, International Medical Centre reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this activity or change the equivalent service.
- International Medical Centre reserves the right to make final decisions on all activities, including changing the terms and conditions of the activities, discounts and other arrangements without prior notice.
Source: HK Breast Cancer Foundation